Manager Job Description and requirements
You will be the manager of the design Compiler Software a R&D team working on projects in the fields of logic synthesis, physical synthesis, placement, and RC estimation. Challenges include the design of efficient data structure and algorithms, solutions to problems imposed by advanced technology nodes, and a commitment to deliver high quality production software which satisfies customer needs.
In that position you will be responsible for managing the software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs. You will provide day-to-day direct supervision to a group of employees. You will monitor projects to ensure completion on schedule. You will also act as an advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems
• Lead the development team.
• Define features to be developed and schedules in accordance with management and other groups of the company.
• Interact with other members of Synopsys R&D, customer support, and sales experts as necessary to understand customer needs and product goals.
• Experience managing software development teams.
• Ability lead a team.
• Results oriented.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English.
• Proficiency in developing and maintaining C and C++ based applications in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Experienced with software development lifecycle, and proficiency with debugging and configuration management tools.
• Attentive to strict performance and quality requirements.
• Knowledge of VLSI design flow and methodology.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to lead and coordinate discussions in a small group as well as present them in an organized fashion to larger groups.
• Prior knowledge and experience of CAD tool development and hardware design would be a plus.
• Ability to produce design documents based on product requirements.
BS/MS in CS/EE/Math/Physics or a related field, with 5+ years of work experience developing software products